Who am I?
* I’m Noora.
* My last name means a “peaceful place” in Finnish.
* I’m an INFJ and a Leo (Aug 22 nd) and a proud member of the worldwide LGBTQ-family.
* I’m a mother to the most wonderful 15-year old boy. He plays basketball and is a fantastic student. I’m SO proud of him.
* We have an adopted cat called Leo. He’s the most lovable creature on the Earth!
* I’m a freelance journalist/writer in Finland, but I’d rather be a full-time poet on the island of Crete.
* I feel very passionate about poetry, music and human rights.
* My all-time favorite poet is Pablo Neruda.
* In my free time I work with asylum seekers and refugees in my local area as a volunteer worker for the Finnish Red Cross.
* I love soccer! My favorite national team is Portugal – I’m a huge Nani & CR7 fan. 🙂
I write to discover, I write to uncover, I write to live, and I live to write. Poetry is my language, my emotional outlet and my deepest passion. My poems are snapshots, echoes and reflections from my journey.
Cover picture: © Teija/moodphoto